Saturday, September 19, 2009

Company Man


We had the good folks from The Handsome Little Devils sit and watch the show from backstage tonight. While I haven't see their shows, I have poured over their website and have gotten great testimonials from the wife and other good friends.

Just the thought of a neo-traveling vaudeville show putting on hyper-creative, fun, outdoor theatre for all ages and types, on their own dime is pretty spectacular. It really hit home for me the fact that I'm a company man. I'm doing what I love, but there's a lot that I love or loved about doing free, guerrilla, or even community theatre.

It's really difficult to even think of giving up good, steady pay, health insurance, and the ability to raise a baby without financial worry. But getting the energy off of these guys really makes it more attractive.

I don't know what the future holds. Anything could happen to change plans, but today brought on a new perspective on the direction my life is headed.

I thank those guys for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment