Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jimmy Slonina: Instructor


When Anthony Gatto asks you to do something, you should probably do it. Anthony and I collaborated on a grassroots Barack Obama ad right before the elections. It was such a success, that CNN called to enter it in their contest at the time, and it made it into the top 20 (it was robbed from winning if you ask me). That vid can be seen here.

Then a few months ago, Anthony approached me to do a pratfall how-to video. I wasn't convinced at first that A) I was the right guy for the job or B) that an instructional video of that kind was possible or marketable. Anthony was creating juggling how-to videos himself, and he wanted to expand it to include other circus skills, effectively providing a suite of instructional vids to would-be circus performers. After seeing his instruction style, I could see how to piece together and break down several basic pratfalls--funny or stage combat--into a tutorial.

Here's the result! Thanks to Gatto's keen sense of fancy directing and editing, for a measly $12 you can own a download of a slick video of how to pratfall effectively. I think we did a pretty good job of it.

Hope you enjoy, and please forward to anyone you might think would be interested. Thanks!

CLICK HERE FOR GATTO'S DOWNLOAD PAGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment